Click here for the update for November 5.
We are following up on the most up to date coronavirus information in North Carolina. Check for updates again.
Number of cases up to 282,000
At least 2,82,802 people in North Carolina tested positive for coronavirus and 4,507 died, according to state health officials.
The NC Ministry of Health and Human Services on Wednesday reported 2,425 new COVID-19 cases, up from 2,349 cases a day earlier.
The state on Wednesday reported 50 coronavirus-related deaths. Health officials reported the highest total per day since the pandemic began on Tuesday with 67 dead.
About 7.4% of the trials reported were positive on the nearest Monday, the day when data were available. This figure is higher than the 5% target set by health officials.
At least 1,186 people in North Carolina were hospitalized for COVID-19 as of Wednesday, up from 1,175 days earlier.
More deaths related to the super viral event at the NC church
Two more people died from complications of COVID-19 were linked to an outbreak at the Everyone’s Prayer House in Charlotte, officials said Wednesday.
That brought the total dead to eight – seven from Mecklenburg County and one from Gaston County – Charlotte Observer reported. There have been at least 187 confirmed cases of coronavirus associated with church corona events in October, but only six new cases have been reported since Friday.
Church events were responsible for the “largest coronavirus outbreak to date” in Mecklenburg County, according to the Observer.
Mecklenburg Gibbie Harris Public Health Director Mecklenburg said the infection range of attendees stretching across the US was not monitored. But officials in California, Georgia, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina and Washington, DC have been informed of this.
The United House of all Prayer will reopen its top location on Thursday for live worship services after local health officials agreed to revise the deregulation order that closed last week.
“The United House of Prayer has expressed a commitment to continue to work with Public Health to identify and implement safety measures to protect against the spread of COVID-19,” the revised order wrote.
New cases are reported at Wake schools
Two Wake County schools reported new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday.
Hilburn Academy and West Millbrook Middle School, both in Raleigh, tell families that those affiliated with their school have been infected with the virus.
New infections bring the total number of reported cases at Wake County Public Schools to 21. These cases spread across 17 campuses.
The latest cases come after principals at six schools in the Raleigh area on Monday told families “those involved in their school tested positive” for the virus, The News & Observer reported.
They did not say whether the cases were among students or workers. Some schools have reported multiple cases from people living together.
100 workers working at ECU
The University of East Carolina announced on Monday that it would lay off 100 housing and catering workers for revenue losses related to the coronavirus pandemic.
The university reportedly lost millions of dollars when it closed classrooms and hostels in August and switched to remote instruction.
“Across campus, the reduced demand for employee services and such a large disruption to revenue again required an institutional response,” said Interim Premier Ron Mitchelson. in a statement. “We continue to have to make tough decisions about the financial future of our university.”
He said there will probably be more bulls before the end of the fiscal year in June 2021.