Quinnyon Wimberly, 36, was one of three construction workers who died in October, though only one body had been picked up at the time.
Wimberly’s family was present at the ruined site on Saturday while his remains were unearthed, officials said.
“This is a long way, but the longest for the families affected by this downfall,” says Cantrell.
“No words can really describe what it felt like to see the bucket fall,” says Cantrell.
She said she spoke with Wimberly’s family every week and sometimes every day since his death.
The body of Jose Ponce Arreola, 63, will be taken away next, Cantrell said.
The structure on the edge of the French Quarter partially collapsed on October 12, 2019, killing 3 people and injuring dozens.
Rescue teams were unable to access the remaining two bodies because of the unstable collapse of the building.