With only a few days left until the November 3 presidential election, former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign has rolled out a new custom map in Fortnite. Reported first by MashableThe map “Build a better back with Biden” is located in the “Reboot City” and aims to promote the campaign’s message that the environment and economy are interconnected. The adventure-style, solo player map takes about 20 to 30 minutes to play and launches on Friday night.
“Our digital program builds on how people spend their time and the most productive ways to reach them in those places,”; says Christian Tom, Biden’s director of digital partnerships. said in a statement. The Verge. “We see interactive, digitally prioritized experiences like gaming as an opportunity to bring our campaign to a new location and platform.”
Apparel, Customs Fortnite The map is a “intrinsic, accessible and enjoyable way to reach and mobilize voters,” added Tom. The markers around the map encourage players to visit makeaplan.com, and players can text “Fortnite” to 30330 to learn how to cast early voting, vote or vote on Election Day.
This isn’t the Biden campaign’s first foray into video games. Earlier this month, the campaign launched a Biden virtual field office for visiting voters Animal Crossing: New Horizons, “Whole island on the platform where backers can connect even more with the campaign.” And in September, the campaign introduced the Biden-Harris pitch sign in ACNH.
In the Fortnite map, after the player arrives at No Malarkey station, there are six challenges related to the Biden-Harris work program for players to complete, the campaign said The Verge:
- Help build a new research facility at the Champ’s construction site: “Build a new research facility at the local history Black College. Build to the top and stay inside the blueprints. “
- Install 3 Scranton Towers: “Help install these new 5G broadband towers to ensure every American has access to broadband,” thanks to Biden’s birthplace in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- Aviator River restoration: “Race to collect industrial waste and restore the river. This challenge highlights Biden’s plan to mobilize the next generation of conservation and resilience workers through the Civil Climate Force. “
- Visit Joe’s famous ice cream shop: “Slide down the colors (flavors) to get as much ice cream as possible. “
- Help Keep Major’s Automated Factory Run Clean: “They modified the line to make electric cars and are now retooling offices before reopening. Install new high efficiency AC units and open up the solar panels on the roof. ”
- Complete Kamala’s Sneaker Run: “Find all 10 Kamala sneakers around the city.” Vice-presidential candidate Kamala Harris is known for her Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers as part of her standard wardrobe.
Biden’s two dogs, Champ and Major, both house Reboot City, and also have several Easter eggs in the map, including boogie bombs, flashlights, “refrigerated grenades”, and exploding boxes.
The code to access the Biden Build Back Better map is 0215-4511-1823.
Despite developer Epic Games’ ongoing legal battle with Apple, Fortnite has shown it can pick up the big numbers. As of May, Epic said the game had 350 million registered players. In April, a Travis Scott concert in Fortnite drew 12.3 million concurrent players, which Epic declared the “all-time record” for the battle royale game.