MONOPOLY: There’s a reason why Prince William may have kept his coronavirus diagnosis secret from the world.
On Monday, The Sun reported that the 38-year-old royal “struggled to breathe” while fighting the new virus back in April in the early days of the global pandemic. The UK-based media reported that the Duke of Cambridge did not speak up about the disease to avoid causing public warning.
Royal author Robert Lacey told Fox News: “In the UK, there is controversy over whether we found out that he had a COVID-19 at the beginning of the first spike and he hid it. “At that time, the prime minister had coronavirus, his father had coronavirus.”;
Lacey, who acts as a historical advisor to Netflix’s popular series “The Crown”, recently released a new book titled “The Battle of the Brothers: William and Harry – The Inner Tale of a family in Tumult, ”studies the supposed relationship and feud between Princess Diana’s two sons.
PRINCE WILLIAM TURNED OFF CORONAVIRUS IN APRIL: REPORT
Lacey, who has been writing about the British royal family for 40 years and previously worked at the royal archives, spoke to many in the palace about her latest release.
“[William] Lacey explained that the world doesn’t need him to be the third victim of the high-level coronavirus. “He followed all the rules. He has quarantined, isolated himself. He did Zoom, even when he was sick, and then went back to work. ”
William is believed to have tested positive just days after his father, Prince Charles, also tested positive for COVID-19 in late March.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson also contracted the virus at the same time. It is still unclear if there will be any other royals infected with the virus. It is believed that William was treated and quarantined by doctors of the palace in the Norfolk family home, Anmer Hall.
QUEEN ELIZABETH STEP LAUNCHES PRINCE WILLIAM FOR FIRST PUBLIC PARTICIPATION FROM MARCH
A source revealed to the newspaper that the Duke of Cambridge, who is second to the throne, “was heavily attacked by the virus.”
They added: “There was a time when he struggled to breathe, so obviously everyone around was quite panicking. “After seeing the doctors and testing positive – it was obviously a shock because of how healthy he was – William decided it should work as it should.”
After April 9, the royal halted phone calls and engaged for a week before virtually opening the Nightingale Birmingham Hospital on April 16.
“People have said this is not true when an heir to the throne keeps it a secret,” Lacey said. “He should be open. He’s hiding everything from us. I myself, in this case, disagree with that criticism. Not unconstitutional when choosing to get sick in a private place. He doesn’t have to share his pain and troubles with the rest of the world. Nothing wrong has been hidden. I think he has a complete right to keep this private.
KATE MIDDLETON, PRINCE WILLIAM’S SON PRINCE LOUIS, 2, SPEAK OUT IN RARE VIDEO
Representatives for the royal family did not immediately respond to Fox News’ requests for comment.
On Monday, People magazine reported that William’s wife, Kate Middleton, and their children, Prince George, 7, Princess Charlotte, 5, and Prince Louis, 2, are both sick.
According to The Sun, in the unlikely event that Queen Elizabeth II, 94, Charles, 71, and William all die, George would technically be next to become monarch. However, the Regency Act notes that if such a tragedy occurred before George’s 18th birthday, a regent over 21 years old would rule in his place. Following George in the chain of success are his two brothers, so his uncle Prince Harry will take on the role.
Although Harry, 36 and his wife Meghan Markle stepped back as senior members of the royal family earlier this year, the Duke of Sussex remains the successor. The next qualified heir is Prince Andrew, who has also stepped back amid the controversy surrounding his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein. Next in line will be Princess Beatrice’s 60-year-old daughter, 32 years old.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTERTAINMENT newsletter
People magazine also pointed out that it is not uncommon for the palace to not report any health threats. When Elizabeth planned cataract surgery in 2018, the palace did not share the news until a month later.
William’s reported diagnosis came weeks after he joked about coronavirus transmission while touring Ireland in March with Middleton, 38.
The UK recently announced a second stringent ban following an increase in coronavirus infections.
Fox News’ Nate Day contributed to this report.