Chapel Hill, NC – NC High School Athletes Association won’t play high school football this fall and all other sports will have changes to their schedules following NCHSAA Board voting that evening On Tuesday, NCHSAA Commissioner Que Tucker announced in a video statement Wednesday afternoon.
The high school soccer season will begin in early February and run through early April, while no sports are allowed to host official training or training sessions until at least October 4. One.
The first sports to be played are cross-country and volleyball, starting in November and running until early January. Swimming will start in late November and run until the end of January.
The basketball season has been pushed back to December. It will run from December to mid-February. Men̵7;s and women’s volleyball is scheduled to begin in January and end in mid-March.
Golf, men’s tennis, women’s football and softball will be held in March and April. After that, the sports year will conclude with baseball, women’s tennis, athletics and wrestling from mid-April. Between June.
All seasons will be shortened, with football playing seven games and most other sports playing 14 games. Crossing, swimming and diving, athletics will have 10 competitions.
There has been no decision yet on the state knockout stages, but the NCHSAA said it plans to host a knockout round.
Here’s the full calendar:
- November 4 to January 8: Cross country run, volleyball (First competition, November 16)
- November 23 to January 30: Swimming & diving (First Competition, December 7)
- December 7 February 19: Basketball (First competition, January 4)
- January 11 to March 12: Men’s football, volleyball (First competition, January 25)
- February 8 April 9: Football (First match, February 26)
- Apple. January to April. 30: Golf, men’s tennis, women’s football, softball (First match, March 15)
- April 12 to June 11: Women’s baseball, tennis, track and field, wrestling (First Competition, April 26)
- 1st 5th: Cheerful invasion
NCHSAA will hold a press conference at 3:30 pm to answer questions from members of the media.
Fall sports season was supposed to start on August 1, but NCHSAA postponed that date until September 1. Then, earlier this month, NCHSAA postponed the resumption of the following fall sports. when Governor Roy Cooper renews Phase 2 reopening the state. Planned until at least September 11.
This is a developing story and HighSchoolOT will update this article as more information becomes available.