If you have used Zoom to work from home in the past few months, it is possible that the name you are identified in the lower left corner is not the name you want. Maybe it’s your email instead of your name, or it’s all in lowercase, or it includes the middle name you’ve always hated. Either way, you can easily change your Zoom name – and add a profile picture, if you want.
If you’re using the Zoom desktop app, here’s how you do it.
- When you are in a Zoom conference, click the button labeled “Participant” at the bottom of the screen of the application. A list of participants opens on the right side.
- Hover over your name and click “Add”.
- Click “Rename” and put your preferred designation in the pop-up. Click “Rename” and you’re done.
- You can use the same “Add” button to add a profile photo, which will appear if you turn off your camera. (If no profile photo is available, only your name will appear.) Just click “Add a profile picture” and choose an image from your file browser.
It’s even easier on mobile. These instructions work for both Android and iOS; only the position of the pop-ups is slightly different.
- Open your Zoom app and hit the “Settings” button in the lower right corner.
- Click on your name.
- To change your name, choose “Display Name” and change your name in the pop-up box.
- To change your photo, choose “Profile Photo” and take a new photo or choose one from your gallery.
And that’s it!