AUSTIN (KXAN) – HEB shoppers need to be aware of the purchase limit on certain products the next time they go grocery shopping.
The HEB has announced the purchase of toilet paper and tissue only for its Central Texas stores, including stores in San Antonio, Gulf Coast and the Frontier area.
HEB says the purchase limit helps stabilize their supply chain and makes sure items are always available to customers. Their stores replenish daily.
The product limits were implemented last Saturday. Temporary shoppers are limited to two packages of toilet paper and two packs of tissue per transaction.
For all HEB stores, some items are also purchase-per-transaction limit:
- Antiseptic & antibacterial spray ̵1; 2 items
- Antiseptic & antibacterial wipes – 4 items
- Hydrogen peroxide – 2 items
- Rubbing (Isopropyl) Alcohol / gauze – 2 items
- Hygiene and first aid gloves – 2 items
- Travel Size & Trial Disinfectant Paper / Sprays – Limited 2
In April, HEB introduced purchase restrictions on some meat products because of the increasing national interest in the meat supply chain. Coronavirus infections among meat workers at the time caused several factories to close.