WASHINGTON COUNTY, Ohio (WTAP) – The Washington County Department of Health released a statement on Saturday saying a COVID-19 outbreak had been identified at a business in the Mid-Ohio Valley. They did not identify a business, but went on to say that there were seven confirmed cases involving a business.
An official later told WTAP that the business was still open, but would again not define it.
A health ministry spokesman said the purpose of their news release was to remind residents of the ongoing pandemic. She went on to say that the business is taking the necessary precautions to stop the spread.
A report said confirmed cases are being quarantined and that close contacts are being quarantined.
“Isolation is very important, because symptoms can appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus,” the statement said.
The health ministry said the business is making changes to ensure a safer work environment, including increased hand washing and masking, deep cleaning and maintaining social detachment. They are also improving employee health check-ups.
Cases involving this business are just a small fraction of the recent county cases, said Roger Coffman, an administrator for the Washington County Department of Health. Residents need to be more cautious, he said.
“These seven cases are a small percentage of the cases we have seen in the county in the past few days. People need to create social distance and wear a mask, ”Coffman said during a phone call with WTAP.
Copyright 2020 WTAP. All Rights Reserved.