Today’s Dealmaster was noticed by some good deals left over from the early Black Friday price drop we marked last week. While we still have a few weeks to go until Black Friday (and Electronic Monday), it looks like many retailers plan to implement a fair amount of their advertised discounts in weeks before the event. Not everything in our compendium below was clearly marketed as a Black Friday deal, but there are still some great deals available today that will match the price we̵7;ll see at Black Friday.
Among the most notable of these offers is Bose’s QuietComfort 35 II for $ 199, in line with Best Buy’s advertised Black Friday deal. This forces the all-time low for wireless noise canceling headphones, and is about $ 100 below the regular online street price. Although now a few years old, the QC 35 II remains incredibly comfortable to wear for hours on end, with a pleasing balanced sound and noise canceling still ranking among your strongest. can buy. The trade-off: you have to deal with microUSB charging instead of USB-C, the audio profiles and noise canceling effects aren’t as customizable as on other pairs like Sony’s WH-1000XM4, and you lose some lifting features High-end features like ambient sound mode. But while we think the XM4 is a better option overall – we expect it to drop to $ 278 on Black Friday – the QC 35 II is a great value at this deal price. . Elsewhere, a handful of Amazon’s Fire TV and Echo devices are offering discounts on Black Friday, including Amazon’s Fire TV Stick 4K for $ 30. While we saw this streamer price drop to $ 25 on Black Friday last year, today’s transaction involves the lowest price we’ve seen in the year since then and Matches its rate on Amazon Prime Day. In any case we still recommend the Fire TV Stick 4K for those who want to stream 4K HDR video for cheap: it runs and loads apps quickly, has powerful voice search. via Alexa and supports Dolby Vision HDR. Roku’s Streaming Stick + supports 4K with a cleaner yet bland user interface, and Google’s latest Chromecast has fewer flaws in its app library, but you can fix it later with a few simple steps. simplified.
Additionally, we’ll also see deals early on Black Friday on Beats’s Powerbeats Pro, LG’s CX and BX OLED TVs, and Samsung’s Galaxy Watch Active 2, among other products. You can view those offers, along with the rest of today’s best tech deals, in our full summary below. And if you’re in the US and haven’t voted in Tuesday’s election, go out and fix that as you do so.
Note: Ars Technica can earn money selling from the links on this post through affiliate programs.
Top 10 deals of the day
Deals on laptops and desktops
- Lenovo Yoga C940 Two-In-One Laptop – Intel Core i7-1065G7, 14 inch 3840×2160, 16GB RAM, SSD 512GB for $ 1,199.99 at Best Buy (usually $ 1,500).
- SSD Samsung 860 EVO (500GB) 2.5 inch SATA inside for $ 54.99 at Amazon and B&H (usually $ 72).
- WD Elements (8TB) external desktop hard drive is for $ 129.99 at Amazon (usually $ 145).
Video game incentives
Offers TV and home entertainment
- LG BX’s 55-inch 4K HDR OLED TV (2020 model) for 1,296.99 USD at Amazon, B&H and Best Buy (usually $ 1,500).
- 65 inch LG BX 4K HDR OLED TV (2020 model) for $ 1,796.99 at Amazon, B&H and Best Buy (usually $ 2,100).
- LG CX 55 inch (2020 model) 4K HDR OLED TV for $ 1,396.99 at Amazon and B&H (usually $ 1,600).
- Costco members only: 55-inch LG CX OLED TV (2020 model) 4K HDR + $ 100 Hulu gift card for $ 1,349.99 at Costco (usually $ 1,700).
- 65-inch LG CX 65-inch OLED TV (2020 model) 4K HDR for $ 1,849.99 at Amazon (clamp $ 47 couponsAlmost $ 2,350).
- 65 inch Sony X750H 4K LED Android TV (2020 model) for $ 599.99 at Amazon (usually $ 750).
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K HDR media streamer for $ 29.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (usually $ 50).
- Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite 1080p HDR media streamer for $ 17.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (usually $ 30).
- Amazon Fire TV Cube 4K HDR media streamer + smart speaker for $ 79.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (usually $ 120).
- Amazon Fire TV Recast (500GB) DVR over-air for $ 129.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (usually $ 230).
Deals on headphones and sound
- Bose QuietComfort 35 Bluetooth noise canceling headphones II are for $ 199 at Amazon and Best Buy (usually $ 300).
- Beats Powerbeats Pro true wireless sports headphones (select colors) for $ 159.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (usually $ 240).
- Jabra Elite 75t True Wireless Headset for $ 139.99 at Amazon (usually $ 165).
- Jabra Elite 65t True Wireless Headset for $ 79.98 at Amazon (usually $ 100).
- Samsung Galaxy Buds true wireless earbuds for $ 99.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (usually $ 110).
- Tribit XSound Go portable Bluetooth speaker for $ 21.39 at Amazon (clamp coupons $ 5 and use the code: ZQ8XFYUS– almost $ 33).
- JBL Clip 3 portable Bluetooth speaker for $ 39.95 at Amazon (usually $ 60).
- EarFun Free true wireless headphones for $ 35.99 at Amazon (clip 10% coupon– almost $ 45).
- Jaybird X4 Bluetooth sports headphones for $ 49.99 at Amazon (usually $ 105).
- JLab Audio Rewind wireless Bluetooth on-ear headphones for $ 12.75 at JLab Audio (using code: HAD– almost $ 20).
Accessories and other offers
- MicroSDXC Samsung EVO Select Card (256GB) – UHS-I, U3, Class 10 for $ 29.99 at Amazon and Samsung (usually $ 35).
- Nekteck 60W PD – 60W USB-C PD wall charger for $ 19.99 at Amazon (usually $ 26).
- Anker PowerLine II (3ft, MFi certified) USB-C to Lightning cable for $ 9.99 at Amazon (usually $ 14).
- Anker PowerLine III (6ft, 60W PD) USB-C to USB-C cable for $ 8.99 at Amazon (using code: ANKER8853– almost $ 18).
- Anker PowerExpand + 7-in-1 USB-C Hub – 85W USB-C PD, USB-C, 2x USB 3.0, microSD, SD, HDMI (4K @ 30Hz) for $ 23.99 at Amazon (clamp 20% coupon– almost $ 38).
- Portable Battery Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 PD – 18W USB-C PD, USB-A, 20,000mAh for $ 34.99 at Amazon (clamp coupons $ 15– almost $ 50).
- Power Range Anker PowerPort Cube USB – 3x AC, 3x USB-A for $ 16.14 at Amazon (clip 15% coupon– almost $ 20).
- USB Power Range Anker PowerStrip Pad – 2x AC, 30W USB-C PD, 2x USB-A for $ 31.99 at Amazon (clip 20% coupon– almost $ 37).
- Main only: Aukey PA-B3 USB-C wall charger – 65W total, 65W USB-C PD, USB-A, GaN for $ 24.99 at Amazon (clamp coupons $ 5– almost $ 38).
- USB-C 9-in-1 Splitter Vava VA-UC006 – 49W USB-C PD, 2x USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI (4K @ 30Hz), SD, microSD, 3.5mm, Ethernet for $ 48.44 at Amazon (clip 5% coupon—Multiple $ 60).
- Wireless Charger RAVPower RP-PC058 Qi + Adapter Quick Charge 3.0 – 10W Galaxy / 7.5W iPhone for $ 13.09 at RAVPower (using code: BACK 60– almost $ 22).