- Apple will hold a special event on November 10, where many are expected to unveil the first MacBooks running on Apple’s silicon chips.
- This move marks a major milestone for the Mac, giving Apple more control over the Mac hardware and software experience.
- It also means that all major Apple products will run on the same architecture, so iPhone apps will be able to run on a Mac.
- Apple is also said to be working on other products such as over-ear headphones that may appear at the event.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
Apple announced plans to start making its own computer chips for its Mac lineup, instead of using Intel̵7;s chips in June. Now the company is holding another event where it is expected to reveal more details about that change – including the first laptop that will run on a new homemade processor. of the company.
The move is expected to mark the biggest change to Apple’s Mac computers in years, signaling the departure will give the tech giant more control over laptops and machines. its desktop calculator. It will also make the Mac experience more consistent with the iPhone and iPad since all of Apple’s apps will run on the same architecture. That means the iPhone apps will be Mac-compatible.
The chips, known as Apple silicon, are based on the A14 Bionic processor found in the iPhone 12 lineup and are expected to deliver better energy efficiency and improved machine learning. Apple laptops.
The Apple event – it’s its third product launch keynote in the past three months – will take place at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 10.
Apple hasn’t revealed any details about what will happen yet, but the company has previously said that it plans to announce the first computers powered by Apple silicon before the end of the year. A report from Bloomberg also claims that Apple’s November event will focus on Apple’s new silicon devices.
The disclosure will also come at a pivotal moment for Apple’s Mac line, which has been one of Apple’s strongest areas in recent quarters as people are working from home because of the pandemic. Apple reported record-high revenue for its Mac device in its fiscal fourth-quarter earnings last month.
Here’s a closer look at what’s going to happen on Tuesday.